Jack had a great first week of school. He was chosen to be the "Kid of Character" for the week and got a reward, along with his name announced over the intercom during the morning announcements. The Kid of Character is a student who listens, follows directions, obeys the rules, etc. and all students that are nominated have their name put in for a drawing at the end of the week. His name was drawn and he was so thrilled.The drive also got better. I figured out that the earlier I leave to take Jack to school, the less congestion there is around the school and it only takes me about 15-20 minutes to get there (if I leave really early). He gets to school with about 20 minutes to spare- but the drive is alot shorter and Jack loves to be able to play on the playground before school.
He also started reading the Spiderwick Chronicles this week at home since his cousin Carter read it and loved it. He is hooked and I cant believe he can read and understand it. Yeah for school!
3 comments:
I second that vote!!!! Jack is TOTALLY the Kid of Character!!!! For the week, for the month....forever! he's precious! :D
and spanish isn't required at my school they offer it though. i'm taking sign language in college, so i'm not stressing about taking a language yet.
p.s. i can't wait for friday! i have a friend coming....and I talked to melissa....everything is going to work out perfectly! can't wait girl! :D
Jack is definitely a kid of character :) So proud of him!!
Post a Comment