Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Office Romance


I was tagged by my friend Jessica to tell about me and my husband. Instead of answering the list of questions, I thought I would just write about it- at least the most interesting stuff anyway.

About 9 years ago, I was working in Phoenix at Swift Transportation. I had a boyfriend, but was beginning to realize that our relationship was going no where. I heard about the “LDS guy” that worked at Swift and I saw him around the office. He was so outgoing and was known for the jokes he played on other employees. Everyone seemed to know him and like him. It was a bonus that he was so good looking and he was LDS. We exchanged flirty glances across the office often, but he knew about my boyfriend and kept his distance. This went on far too long.

Some time later, while I was away from my desk, a mutual friend of ours sat down at my computer and sent an instant message to Eric’s computer that said:

“I want your body!”

I was horrified when I got back to my desk and saw the original message that was sent to Eric from my computer, along with Eric’s reply that said:

Message from KATIE: “I want your body!”
Reply from ERIC: IT’S ABOUT TIME!!!!


Although I loved his reply, I was totally embarrassed. We had never even talked and now he thinks I sent him this totally inappropriate message. I took a minute to catch my breath and clear the redness from my face and walked over to his desk to tell him the message was not from me. He already knew it wasn’t, but it began conversation between us. We started instant messaging each other throughout the day and finally he asked me to go to lunch with him. My boyfriend was eventually history....



Okay Jessica, I will get to the other questions, but those will be future posts. I tag Emily (yes- that means you need to get started), Kari, Adrienne, Megan, Nicole, Dawn, Amy, and Kelly . Tell us about how you met your husband, your first kiss, how he proposed, and who wears the pants in the family.


13 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are the most beautiful woman I have EVER seen in my life...........

EVER............
in my life.

in my life, EVER!

gosh. wow. dang.

Anonymous said...

I am totally correct-o! Do you watch Law and Order:SVU? Well, it's my total fav, and I used to call Detective Benson (Mariska Hargitay) the most beautiful woman I have ever seen in my life, but i stand totally corrected. i'm not even kidding. like. seriously. just go along with me here, you're like, America's Next Top Model material....(do you watch that show?) i'm a reality t.v. junkie. oh well. i'm sad things won't work out for friday....:( i was TOTALLY looking forward to having 5 of my favorites together....:( but things happen....but you should totally do something with the tenney's next friday, and we can plan the same thing all over again! :D

thanks for the comment....but i think i'm changing the picture...i'm so indesicive.....haha. that's why i'm never getting married....it'll end up being the wrong choice....hahah! i'm a huge second-guesser. whatever! ;D well talk to ya lata!

Nic said...

The Bold and The Beautiful... Young and The Restless... I'm not sure which soap would better suit you two, but you both still look fabulous and what a fun story about how you met! Thanks for sharing!

The Dinner Belle said...

Great story - I love his quick response! And man are you gorgeous!!! How long have you worn your hair short?

Jessica said...

That was so fun to read! I am excited to see the other stories.

megan said...

Hilarious!!! I just saw this and realized I was on there :) I (much to my extremem disappointment) do not have as great of pictures as you do! :) I'll have to think about penning our story for posterity...KILLER images :) I can't get over that hair!!

Anonymous said...

you are "my" america's next top model, though....:D um...that guy....to be continued....hehe. maybe i'll spill the beans later....but only to select few. definitely not blog material to put out his name......:D don't worry....you'll know....for sure girl.

Kenyon and Karyn said...

HI! I didn't know you had a blog too! I'm so happy you guys live just down the street from us, even though we never get to see each other.

Great post! I love it when things just work out!

Emily Johnson said...

That is funny! I didnt know about that message thing! Funny!

you need a picture of Paul on the side!

I guess maybe I will start a blog! Sounds fun!

Kari said...

What a great story!!! I can just picture it going down ;) Can't believe how long your hair was ... gorgeous as always!

Cameron Family said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Cameron Family said...

Sorry, accidentally deleted my own comment- duh! Loved your stories! Such a cute start to your life together! You look gorgeous in those pictures.

Dawn said...

ok, I had this one coming, and so did Tom. It's pretty pitiful, I'll try to get to that post soon. In the meantime, you were/are hot! All that hair! (sorry, it's the hairdresser in me) You guys in those pics are so cute and YOUNG! Isn't it funny to get those out and relive the memories. It makes me laugh to think of our story. To be continued...