Monday, April 21, 2008

Aaaaahhh, Prescott weather...

Before we moved to Prescott, our realtor, Karyn, sent us some information on the community profile. I was really excited when I saw the average weather chart.



After living in Phoenix for so long, 80 degree temperatures in the middle of summer sounded really good. There is a downside to the nice temperatures however that I was not aware of.

It is really windy in Prescott. Almost every day. It sure makes outdoor outings a little less fun. Here are some pictures of the kids on a windy day at the park last week.




As you can see in the picture of Jack, his eyes are red- which brings me to the other downside. Allergies. Jack's allergies have been really bad since we moved here. At first I gave him children's claritin daily, but that was just too expensive and it was not really working. What was worse, was his barking cough- all night, all day- that would not go away. Since Eric's new insurance doesn't kick in until next month and since Asthma runs in our family, I thought I better use my own extensive medical expertise as a mother to treat Jack because his cough was driving me nuts. I borrowed a Nebulizer and some Albuterol and Pulmocort and started treating him right away. The first time he used the Nebulizer, the girls were so worried about him. They couldn't figure out what this strange mask with smoke coming out of it was doing to Jack. They sat there and stared at him the entire time and Tommy kept asking "Is Jack going to be alright?" And yes he is. His cough is completely gone.


Okay, so even though it is windy and our allergies are worse, I would take Prescott weather over Phoenix anyday and I am loving Prescott.


6 comments:

Kenyon and Karyn said...

Phew! I'm so glad you love the weather here. Because I love that you guys live in Prescott, and especially that you live so close to us!

Linsey Farley Jameson said...

SO jealous of those temps!!!

The Dinner Belle said...

MJH grew up here and I heard him tell someone the other day that it is really only windy in the Spring time - I guess I hadn't noticed before. So at least there is hope!

Anonymous said...

Prescott weather is totally bi-polar! but i guess it never really gets to me since i grew up here....oh well. awe. awe. poor jack....but he looks cute in that thing, at least! awe.

Dawn said...

I'm a self medicater myself and it droves our pedatrician CRAZY! I just don't want to go to the doctor when I know what will fix it! And I promise, it blows everywhere in AZ like this and it will stop blowing wind soon!

Kari said...

So glad to know sweet Jack is back to himself! The weather sounds so great!! Guess we know where to escape to when we need a break from the heat this summer ;)