
We had some cousins sleepover this weekend while their parents took a getaway and my kids were so excited! The second they arrived, the kids ran to their rooms to play and thats where they stayed the whole day. Since the kids were occupied and Eric was in Phoenix for an NRA dinner, I found myself with a lot of time on my hands. I had plenty of things on my to-do list, but none of them sounded very fun. So, I got out my sewing machine and found something fun to do. I went through Paul's old clothes and found some shirts that would be perfect to reconstruct. Here are the shirts before:
And here are the shirts after:

This was such a fun, easy project and took less than an hour for each dress, since all the harder stuff was already done.
14 comments:
WOW! I thought those dresses were so cute! Liberty told me she got a new dress, but I didn't know they were from Paul's shirts. Such a cute idea!
I forgot how handy you were with a sewing machine! I remember you working at a fabric store and being so jealous - I thought that would be a super fun job. I am so impressed with these dresses. PLEASE tell me you had to use a pattern.
Holy cow, Katie! I'm impressed! Did you come up with the pattern to make those on your own??? They are so cute! I need to learn how to do that!
That is a great idea! You know now, you have to post how you did it, right? Or will you just take orders?? What other magic can you do with the sewing machine??
You are amazing! What a great talent to be able to make incredible things for your kiddos. They are lucky to have you for a mom.
Those dresses are adorable. I would love to know how you made them. My hubby has a ton of old shirts that would make adorable dresses for my little girl. Please share.
I was admiring those darling dresses on Sunday - I loved the buttons all down the back. And now I find out you made them! You are fabulous!
HOLY COW katie! Even if you were right next to me telling me step by step I still wouldnt be able to make those....they are so cute!! I love them!
Stinking CUTE! You are amazing. I never would have thought to do that. I am going to have to try that.
Thanks Katie. Looking forward to the instructions.
The cookies are to die for. My kids keep asking me to make more and I don't dare, but maybe soon (LOL).
Are you kidding me?! Those dresses are completely adorable!!! Too bad you weren't deep in a digi class - that would have kept you busy for HOURS, too! Did you register for the session that starts on Monday? I talked to Tammie Zimmerman today and she's in!
awe! how cute! i know, i know....i never go on the computer!!!! i get off at 10, or 11 every night....so when can i????? i'm only at home the 8 hours i'm asleep! ;) haha! ;) but yeah....still love the blog....:)
Wow! I am so impressed, I had no idea you were so skilled! Taking orders? I'll have 2 please! :)
I just got a comment from you, so I thought I'd check out your blog, and HOLY COW!... I am seriously impressed with these little dresses! I hope you don't mind if I too borrow some of your cute ideas!
BTW the popcorn recipe that I used is on my blog...www.jolleyfam.blogspot.com
Thanks!
MIchelle
Post a Comment