Eric recently took a job with the Yavapai County Attorney and is doing exactly what he loves doing- criminal prosecution. (Jack told a friend today that his Dad is a "
Prosticutor" and he "
prosticutes" bad guys in front of a judge. At least he got the 'c' in there so he isn't telling everyone that his dad is a prostitute.) Yesterday Eric had his first trial and successfully got a guilty verdict. The kids and I prayed for him earlier that day and I explained to the kids that this was Dad's first trial and it was a big deal. When I told the kids that Dad won his first trial, Tommy asked "What does he get for winning?" Well, let me tell you...
In the County Attorney's Office there is a tradition that is passed down to new attorney's. When they win their first case, they receive the "Jaw Bone of Justice" and they get to display it in their office until the next attorney comes in and wins his first trial. Their is biblical reference to the Jawbone of Justice. Samson uses a jawbone of a donkey to slay one thousand Philistines. I am sure they know that Eric will be the same in the courtroom.
5 comments:
Way to go, Eric! That must be such a good feeling to play a part in bring justice about. I love the jawbone tradition!
What a great "trophy." I totally appreciate clever traditions! :)
-jd
That is so fantastic!!! Congrats to you, Eric on making your dream a reality ... for you and your darling family :) Miss you guys!
Love your blog and seeing your cute little family! And way to go Eric on your first trial!
Hermana Farley!! I'm so glad I went back and checked out my comments to see the one you left. It was so fun to see your face there. What a beautiful family you have! Time has gone by so quickly.
I'm going to have a little Mision Vina del Mar party in the next month or so. There's a couple who just moved into my ward who served there after we left, and a guy who was one of my ZL's (do you remember Elder Harmon?). Hermana Snow is from here, so I've seen her as well. I wish you lived closer so you could come!
I'm looking forward to keeping in touch a little more. Blogs are the best.
Post a Comment