3. I love getting together with my brothers and sisters. I love to be with family and see my kids playing with cousins. It was fun to catch up with my sisters and talk about important things like The Twilight Series and Lost.

Things I did not like about Easter this year...
1. EGGS. Does anyone really enjoy coloring Easter Eggs?? I do not like the mess and having Easter dye all over my counter, sink, kids and hands. I do not like the way dozens of hard boiled eggs makes my house smell. I have heard my kids say over and over this week- "It smells like poop in here." or "Did somebody fart?" No, it's just eggs. I do not like eating egg salad sandwiches every day for weeks because no one else in the family will touch the eggs. But what is Easter without colored eggs right? It's all part of the tradition and you have to do it.
2. Jack is getting older and had no interest in coloring eggs this year. He colored one and posed for my picture (because I forced him to) and then said he was done. (Maybe this is not such a bad thing, considering my #1 reason, but I am sad that Jack does not want to do the 'tradition' anymore.) You can see how excited he was in the picture below. (And yes, Liberty is wearing a swim suit, but that is an entirely different story.)
3. The Easter bunny was on a budget this year so the kids got a couple things from the dollar store and some candy- and that's it. So, Jack finds his basket and was disappointed and made comments about things he got last year, that he didnt get this year. It made me feel bad that he wasn't more excited, but hmmmm... maybe he needs a lesson in gratitude.
The good definitely out weighed the bad, however, and it was a great weekend.
4 comments:
What a great post about Easter. You are rockin' on your blog! I know what you mean about being sad when your kids get too old to enjoy the traditions that they have in the past. It's inevitable, though, and probably for the best. As long as the put up with it for pictures, huh? I am so jealous to see green grass. Is that at your mom's? I can just imagine her going all out for the grandkid's easter egg hunt. No - I do not like dying eggs, and we haven't done it in years. No one in my family likes hard boiled eggs, except my husband, and his mom does plenty so I don't have to!
We dont color Easter Eggs either! No one likes them and the mess is no fun! We make eggs on paper to color them all colorfull!
We didn't color eggs this year, either, but had to boil them for deviled eggs - my kids' favorite part of Easter dinner!! Did you sneak into town?! Sad to have missed you! Love all of your pics of what looks like a wonderful weekend :) Brinley came home on Monday and told me that 3 kids in her class told her there is no such thing as the Easter Bunny ... talk about getting too old for traditions! I'm afraid this may be the year she questions Santa ....
Love your Easter post Katie! Your kids look adorable and look like they had lots of fun. Glad to see you are all doing so great! I'd kinda like to be wherever you are in those pictures, it looks gorgeous.
Post a Comment