In an effort to spend time with my kids and have less TV on after school today, I decided we needed a fun project to work on together. I went to the fabric store and bought fabric markers, muslin and batting. A project for everyone under $10- I like that. The kids were so excited when I picked them up after school and told them what we would be doing. A little effort always goes a long way.
I taped the fabric to the table and the kids went to work.


Then, we cut, sewed and stuffed. The kids loved the stuffing almost as much as the drawing. For some reason, they were fascinated with the batting.
And the end result... happy kids, fun toys.


I love the feeling in our home when we are spending time together.
6 comments:
Cute idea Katie -- you are a great mother and your kids are pretty lucky:) Happy day to you!
That looks like fun! My kids would love to do that too...thanks for the idea!
That is just too cute. You are so creative!
Let me guess, Jack made Zombies?! I've had a box of fabric crayons in the closet for longer that I can remember and I really need to give them to the kids!
You are so creative it makes me SICK - I'm not letting my kids anywhere near your blog! (BTW, you're awesome!)
How cute!! What a fun idea!!! I am totally copying this!! Right now the kids are in heaven playing outside but when it gets colder...
Post a Comment