Wednesday, September 10, 2008

For Grandma

The kids are doing a great job learning the Articles of Faith this year. It has been one of their goals for 2008. Grandma Farley has all the grandkids pass them off to her. She has a big chart to keep track of all 29 grandkids and the ones they have passed off. My kids are always so excited to call Grandma & Grandpa the minute they have it memorized. They love the praise, the fancy award letter and the dollar they get for each one. This month, they are learning the 10th Article of Faith. I think it is my favorite because I love hearing the kids say all those big words (you should hear Liberty sing 'paradisiacal' and all the other adult phrases- I'll post it when the girls are ready). Jack is ready to pass off #10, mom, so this is for you...

5 comments:

Kelly said...

That was too cute. I'm so glad you posted that. That brings back memories of teaching Emmy all the songs when I was the primary chorister. Believe it or not, and I have a hard time believing it now but I KNOW it happened, Emmy passed off all 13 while she was still 3. She could memorize anything when it was put to music. My mom copied that idea from your mom and has a chart for her grandkids, too.

Susan said...

Way to go Jack! I'll put a star on the chart and send your letter and dollar. You are such an awesome boy.
I love you. G-ma Farley

Emilee said...

That is the cutest thing ever! Your kids are so funny. Good job -you're a great mom.

Dawn said...

Go Jack! You're awesome!

Janell said...

My favorite part is the end... "Glory!" What a cool Grandma, to encourage the grandkids like this! :) 29 grandkids... OH MY WORD!
-jd