Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Mom is all alone!!


Liberty started preschool today. My kids were so worried about me all morning. They kept saying to each other: "I'm so worried about mom. What will she do all alone?" And even though I have plenty of ideas, I let them know that I would just be at home missing them untill they got home. Liberty is my most well-adjusted child. She had no problem leaving me and was so excited to be able to go to school. After I dropped her off, I was almost home before I realized I could quit singing along to my kids 'Little People' CD and turn on some real grown-up music. But I am so out of touch with grown-up stuff that I didnt know what music to listen to. I am so used to always having a child by my side, that I keep feeling like I am missing something today. It is a weird feeling, but I am excited for my alone time.


11 comments:

Linsey Farley Jameson said...

How weird! On one hand I am really excited for some mornings alone to get some things done, but on the other hand, I am so sad that that day is SO quickly approaching! I can't believe you have all 3 kids gone for some periods of time! Crazy! Next year I will have ALL but Finn in school and Finn will be in preschool. That is so weird.

Kenyon and Karyn said...

That's so funny. I've been worried about you today too. :)
Hope all is well, and you had fun today.

Emily Johnson said...

Liberty looks so pretty and so excited! I bet that is so weird to be all alone! So what ARE you doing? Let me guess? Getting your work done? That is cool not to worry about kids so you can get more of it done!

Misty said...

I can't decide if I'm excited for that time or not. Alone time is always a good thing (I take full advantage of it) but I love having a toddler who follows me and wants me to hold her. Let us know what you do with your free time. :)

Rolyndia said...

She is adorable. I know what you mean about feeling out of touch and missing them like crazy. I have a few more days before the kids start school. I went to register them yesterday and it took everything I had to not cry. Hope you are enjoying your time alone.

Dawn said...

I;m so excited for you and JEALOUS! wow, so does that mean you have about 2 hours to yourself and your own thoughts??

Jessica said...

hurray for growing up. Toria starts preschool in two weeks! I can hardly wait. I will just have baby Claire to play with. My errands just keep getting easier and easier.

Emilee said...

Hey Katie, thanks for leaving a comment on my blog - it gives me some hope to keep going :). But I'm right here with you - alone -this year. My twins are 41/2 and so they are in pre-school this year. kindergarten next year. My two other kids start school next week (5th & 2nd grade) and then the twins will start preschool a couple weeks after that, so I'm not alone quite yet. I already have those 2 hours each day filled up, I don't think things are going to slow down, but it will be nice to be able to make a Dr.'s apptmnt. w/out having to find a sitter. Great to hear from you!

Kari said...

Could she be any more adorable?! I *LOVE* first day of school pics :) I'm sure you'll find plenty of things to fill your time.

Cameron Family said...

All alone really isn't so bad. Of course I've ever only had it for 2 weeks while Rian was in preschool before I had my Jack! You'll do great, time to focus on you, mom!

Dionne said...

Hi Katie -- I found your blog off of Jeni's blog, and she got my blog from my sister. I will love checking up on you and your CUTE family. Crazy how life just happens, huh!
We just moved to Massachusetts and bought a 47 year old fixer-upper. . .we'll be here for 3 years and then Matt's lab moves to Albuquerque.

I'm just learning this blog thing so mine's not great yet but it'll get better -- just not until after my kitchen exists.
kineticcoherence.blogspot.com