Sunday, August 3, 2008

Breaking Dawn

Sometimes it is an advantage to live in a small town. I have heard how long some of you had to wait in line to buy your copy of Breaking Dawn at a midnight release party. Thankfully, that was not the case for me. A couple friends and I met at Denny's for dessert that night and then headed on over to Hastings at about 11:30. There was a small group there, but no line formed yet. So we were the first in line. No waiting. But then again, sounds like our small town party missed out on some of the fun. Check out some of the photos from my sisters party here. No one was dressed as a vampire in Prescott. Once I bought my copy, I felt it burning in my hands. I could hardly wait to get home to read. Good thing my sisters were up reading all night too, so I had someone to talk to or text as I read. After neglecting my home, children and husband all weekend. I finally finished the book and man, was it good. I loved it! What did you think of the book? I sure hope Stephenie Meyer begins a new series about Renesmee.

5 comments:

Kenyon and Karyn said...

Ummm we are soooo CUTE!

Linsey Farley Jameson said...

YAY!!! I loved it all! The party, the reading, the book, the texting! It was a blast! The only thing I didn't love was the name Renesmee. Such a dang mouthful! I couldn't even read it in my head! It was like Hermione in the Harry Potter books, Until the movie came out I pronounced it different every time! I know Bella wouldn't approve, but I call her Nessie :)
I REALLY hope the other books are from Renesmee's point of view!!! You look beautiful, by the way...

Misty said...

Are there other books?? I've heard about Midnight Sun but are there more? She definitely left it open for more. I would love it!

Rolyndia said...

I just started the first book. Boy, do I have a lot of catching up to do. Glad you had fun with your friends and reading the book.

Kari said...

I still have 100 pages of New Moon!!! Then I have to get through Eclipse before I can even start Breaking Dawn!! I figure everyone else will have finished it by then so I can borrow instead of having to buy it ... good planning, no?!