Monday, August 4, 2008

Back to School


It is always so hard for me to let the kids go to school. It always means it is the end of their time home with me. So, even though Tommy was fine her first day of Kindergarten, I kept lingering and saying good bye many times, not wanting to leave her. And finally went to the car and cried. The 2nd day, I did better. But Tommy realized how long she would be away from me and cried as I tried to leave. (she is in for a rude awakening, when next week she goes all day) But her crying didnt last long. With each recess, Jack quickly finds her and makes sure she is doing okay. This is the highlight of her day. I am so glad Jack thinks of her and takes care of her that way.
My kids love the story of the Kissing Hand and wont say goodbye without getting a kiss in their palm that they can keep all day and rub on their cheek if they miss me. I'm sure I miss them more than they miss me and I think about that little kiss they leave in the palm of my hand all day.




6 comments:

Linsey Farley Jameson said...

Jack is so handsome! And Tommy looks SO much like you!!! They are sweet siblings. I love, have always loved, how much Jack loves and watches out for his little sisters. He is a good big brother. I cry and cry when my kids go to school! They officially spend more awake time away from me than with me and I am just NOT okay with that!!! Love The kissing in the palm idea.

The Dinner Belle said...

We love the Kissing Hand too. Clay's preschool teacher had each of the moms kiss a cardboard hand with lipstick and leave it at school in case the kids "needed" it while they were at school. I thought that was so cute. Maybe Tommy would feel better if she had one of those in her backpack. :)

Rolyndia said...

Wow, I can't believe you guys have started already. We have a couple more weeks, THANK GOODNESS!!! I am so not ready for my kids to be gone all day since I loose them all at the same time, they start first grade this year.

I love the kiss in the palm. I will have remember this when it comes times for school.

Elder Romney's mission said...

Such cute kids they look like little chad and Katie! Is Jack in 1st grade? He would get along good with my Tate!

Kari said...

Oh, they are so sweet!! Glad to know they are settling into school :) My girls love that book, too :)

Cameron Family said...

They look so cute, and very happy! The Kissing Hand is so cute, what a great idea. Tommy is lucky to have such a great big brother! So sweet :)