Our family sure takes on a different dynamic when Paul is here. It is different having a teenager in our home. I was able to go visiting teaching this month with no kids since Paul is old enough to babysit. While I was grateful for this opportunity, I had to rethink it when I got home. The house was destroyed, there was food in places that it should not be and Paul had the broom out and was teaching the kids how to pole vault over the back of the couch. Needless to say, they were having a blast. It's no wonder why my kids love to spend time with Paul. He has no siblings at his house and the only cousins he knows are the ones he visits at his dads house, but he is so great with younger kids. He is just like Eric in that way. He doesnt act like a teenager thats too cool- He gets right down like a little kid to play with them.







Every summer my family has an Aaronic Priesthood preparation camp. Grandpa, all the dads, and the boys 8 years old and up go for three days. It is a great experience- especially for Paul since he is not a member of the church. They have firesides and testimony meetings each night, work on scouting and faith in God and have lots of neat spiritual experiences. This year the theme was Zion's Camp: Trials of Faith. Here are a couple of pictures from the camp.
6 comments:
That pic of the 4 kids is ADORABLE! That's very cool that he goes to the Priesthood camp. Our family had our first of those this year (thanks to the influence of your family) and Klint thought it was a really cool thing. We can't wait for our boys to be old enough to go.
Wow! What an amazing thing to do with the family. Who puts the camp together? And signs?! I'm so impressed.
That is so fun to see Paul with your kids. What a true boy... Teaching them how to catapolt over the couch. Funny! We were sad we missed your call the other day. It sounds like all it well with you guys.
Eric is SO good with that camera. If I sent a camera with Tom, I MIGHT get one or two pictures, not 11! Looks like your kids are having a ton of fun with Paul, so sad to see him go later. I love that he taught them to pole vault over the couch. I guess you have to trade off new tricks the kids learn for free babysitting!
What a neat idea! Paul is a lucky kid to have all of you. Your kids look so cute in that picture all together- they sure seem to adore Paul!
What an incredible experience for those boys!! Love the story of Paul the babysitter, too ;) So fun to see them having such a great time!
Post a Comment