Thursday, June 19, 2008

Missing Teeth

It was over 3 years ago, I got my last smiling picture of Jack with all his teeth. Taking pictures of your kids sure change when you go from this...

(taken on the day he lost his first tooth)

to this...


Jack just lost his fourth tooth and has yet to fill any spaces. So, he has got quite a gap in the front of his mouth.


Like this picture of Jack at his end of T-ball season pizza party- Jack was so excited to receive his very first trophy. I guess he was still learning to smile with missing and wiggly teeth.
But losing teeth means he is getting older and with that comes other cute things. He's learned to read and write and learned that he loves it. We were at an event recently that was handing out free notebooks and pens. Jack was so excited. He has since filled his book with so much artwork and writing. One of my favorites is a poem he wrote. It goes like this:

In the graveyard, the zombies rise

the ghosts come out and shout.

Boo! I am hungry Dracula said

and the werewolves howl at the moon.

6 comments:

Dawn said...

I saw that notebook at church the other day and I had to laugh at the differences in his pictures and what Megan would've drawn. Butterflies and flowers in a garden. Not werewolves and Dracula in a cemetery. How funny!

Kelly said...

I think a toothless smile is precious. There's only a short period of time they have a unique smile like that. Enjoy it while it's there!

Susan said...

That toothless smile is what makes Jack so lovable. He's cute and doesn't need to close his mouth to smile for pictures. I love it.

Cameron Family said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Cameron Family said...

Jack is so cute with or without teeth. We are going through the same thing with Dakota. But I wouldn't tell her not to smile for pictures even though I want to. She is already so concerned about them. One day they will be straight again (of course then we'll be broke!). Love the poem, they are so creative at that age!

Kari said...

My girls have filled more notebooks than I could count!! What a treasure they will be someday :) Love the holes ... Ashton was the only one in her first grade class last year that STILL hasn't lost any teeth! She is 7 and shows no signs anytime soon ;)