They named her Lizzy. She has since moved to a bigger cage and the crickets-food have moved into the smaller cage. Eric told Jack that if he wants to keep her, all the responsibility of taking care of her belongs to Jack. That means finding or buying crickets, feeding her, cleaning out the cage or whatever. Jack has done a great job. Jack, like his mother, has a phobia of bugs. I would rather stick a cup over a bug and leave it there for Eric to take care of when he gets home, then actually have to smash it and dispose of it myself. But knowing that keeping Lizzy depends on Jack feeding her- touching or catching a cricket now and then has helped Jack conquer his fear of bugs.
On Monday, the kids and I drove to Phoenix to take Paul to the airport. My mom thought it would be a pain to drag all the kids through the airport and security, so she offered to meet me off the freeway where we exchanged cars and she took my kids home with her. My kids were so excited to see Grandma that they didnt even say goodbye to Paul or care that he was leaving. It made the goodbye so much easier and happier than it usually is. After Paul left, the kids and I stayed the week at Grandma's. We had so much fun. We did lots of fun stuff with all the cousins and it made me miss living so close to them.
Another reason for the trip was to visit with my sister, Linsey, before she moves to Utah. We had a lunch with just the girls and it was so much fun. (We missed you Jennette and Brynn!)

After saying goodbye to my sister, I realized how much I love her and will miss seeing her so often. (My hair will miss her too!) I love you Linsey!
The week went by way too fast and before we knew it we were back home. I brought home a little surprise for Eric from the trip to Phoenix, which topped off an already perfect week.
12 comments:
that was a really fun week! All my friends are moving away! I miss you Katie! I cant wait to see if you are having a girl or boy! YEAH!!!
Pregnant!! Congrats, Katie! I'm happy for you and happy that it's not me. :) Great pictures of the Farley women. I miss seeing you guys.
Holy cow - what a way to make an announcement! That's so great for you guys. You make beautiful children! I didn't realize you live so far away from your parents. I figured it was just another suburb of Phoenix. Yes - the Farley women look great!
Congrat's on the new baby on the way!!
Ohhh I'm so excited for you on the new English baby that's coming. I love your kiddos so much! Congrats.
Yahoo about being Pregnant!!! I am SO excited for you! I don't know if I could have that living in my house. I would be scared Finn would let it out or something. I had a fun week with you! I will miss you so bad!
Congratulations! I hope things are going well for you. I've never been as tired as I was with this pregnancy. Life definitely doesn't slow down! Good luck with everything.
WHAT!!! That is so great! I am so happy for you. When are you due?
What a fun way to end the week- and the post! CONGRATS!! I am so thrilled for you!
what the heck! i've seen you like, so many times since you've posted this, but i haven't even been on your blog, so i had no darn clue!!! wowza girl, i'm so happy for yah! awe. i can only imagine how cute this one will be. you can only get cuter from here! yah for you guys! :) love your hair too! so so so much! see ya.
I was just saying to Steve the other day that I wondered when you would be pregnant again ... and here you are!!! Congrats to you and the whole family :) I know you've been ready to add to your crew and couldn't be more thrilled for you! Here's hoping for a smooth and easy 9 months!! When are you due?
How exciting! So when is the due date?
Post a Comment