
Jack was so excited all week for the campout. He talked about it non-stop. He loves spending time with dad and loves the outdoors (just like dad).
But the thing Jack loves most of all is the camping food. He knows I will buy treats for camping that I don't normally buy, so he made his menu early: powdered donuts, cinnamon poptarts, BBQ chips and a lunchable. He asks for the same thing every year, except this year he was a little more specific and wanted Indiana Jones on the lunchable package. Eric actually took a camera this year, so it was fun to see pictures of what goes on.
You can see here how special that lunchable was to Jack. 


Although I was excited Eric was taking a camera this year, he didn't take as many pictures as I would have liked him to. He probably took about 20 pictures, but only 2 of them were of Jack. He got plenty of pictures of the rest of the ward and even nice pictures like this: Why would you take a picture of this??? Men....
I love the Father and Sons campout every year, because I get to spend it with my girls. They also pick the same activities to do every year.
We started the night off with a tea party,
we made purses,
then made cookies...
We ate lots of cookie dough,
and then some more cookie dough,
and even more cookie dough.
We ate so much cookie dough that we couldn't eat a single cookie once they were finished and the girls were on quite the sugar high.
Then we laid out blankets, snuggled up together and watched Strawberry Shortcake.

Of course, we woke up the next morning and had cookies for breakfast.
16 comments:
awe. how cute is that? you guys are so cute. i love those pictures. liberty's facial expressions are totally pricesless. like the one where she's looking in the bowl....:) and tommy's smile is so pretty....that first picture of the three of you is gorgeous. tommy's smile is so big! :) hey, thanks for returning my name tag!!! wouldn't of made it through the rest of the night without it! :) i love your family. hope all is well. call or text sometime.
Cookies for breakfast? What a COOL Mom! This is so cute... I love to see what a great Mom you are, KTSue! :)
-jd
How cute! Looks like a good time for the boys and the girls.
Very fun. We did the same thing but I made Ali watch a Jane Austen movie. I think Strawberry Shortcake would have been better.
Looks like you guys had a fun girl's night in!
Thank you for our goodies!!! Those bon bons were SO delicious. Matt couldn't stop eating them. I stuck them in the fridge and Andrew was very concerned that he couldn't find them.
Thank you, thank you!
How fun!!!! Jack is the coolest kid. That is such a funny menu!!!! Looks like a fun girls night! And cookies for breakfast sounds fabulous! Your such a cute Mom, Katie. Those are great memories for your girls.
Nice Dog. LOL!!!
I lOVE your mixer!! Can you spray paint those?? Mine is just plain ol' white. What a fun weekend. I guess you get what you ask for when you give a guy a camera?? That's grossly funny. cookies for breakfast count, if you dip them in milk!
Kenyon was dying when he saw the dog picture. So funny! Looks like you had fun for your girls night! You guys are the best, we love you.
You are such a cute mom- how fun for you and your girls! And that Jack, what an absolute doll (he probably wouldn't want to be referred to that way- but he is!). The picture of the dog I could do without, and yet it seems like something my husband would take a picture of!
thanks for always commenting on my blog. you're like, the only one. i know that the posts are far and few between but i appreciate at least one person caring still. there aren't many people who care anymore. oh well. there's you. thanks girl. text me sometime.
That is awesome!!! Our Ward is not doing a Father's and Son's. So bummed. Our boys are finally old enough and now they don't even have the choice to go.
What a great bonding moment all the way around. Looks like it was a lot of fun.
Always the perfectly cute mom ... I love to see the fun stuff you and your family get into! I've been completely disconnected from the blogging world lately (or any world that doesn't directly involve my life) but hope to get back soon - I have SO MUCH to post and I'm sure you're just dying to hear all of it!! Miss you!
the lunchables...hilarious!! you really do have good traditions :)
hello stranger.....
how are you?
do you still bloggg?????
hmmmm....
well i hope i see you soon.
tell everyone i said hi! :) love kels.
What a fun mom you are! I need to step up my game!
I love those pictures. You're girls are adorable and Liberty's expressions are priceless. We need to have a playdate soon.
Post a Comment